Saturday, December 12, 2009

First Celebrity Blogger Sighting!

Ok...so a couple of months ago the lovely people that run www.cakewrecks.com (my fav!) were doing a book signing tour and a cupcake wreck contest along with it. I was SOOOOO excited to buy the book, get it signed, meet Jen (and hubby), and present my cupcake cakewreck wrecklica when disaster struck their tour and they had to reschedule it. They rescheduled it to the EXACT time that I had tickets to see South Pacific with my mom. Well, sorry cakewrecks, I love ya....but I love me some musicals and my mommy more. *tear*

Alright....moving ahead a couple of weeks and through the sappiness..... I was Christmas gift shopping in Borders at Columbus Circle yesterday and they announced that Ree Drummond would be doing a book signing. Ree's blog is lovely! http://thepioneerwoman.com/ Lots of people love her pictures and recipes. But me? I loved her Black Heels to Tractor Wheels part. About 45 chapters on how she met, fell in love with, and married a cowboy. Man....that helped me spend some downtown in a great quality way. You know....the romantic comedy quality kind of way.

Unfortunately, I couldn't stay for her whole talk since my company had their holdiay party the night before. (Which equals me not getting enough sleep and being super duper tired.)

But, I snagged a quick picture with my blackberry before I left. :) First famous blogger sighting! Woohoo!

PS I also spotted Ted Danson this week on the street. I don't know who I was more excited to have seen.

Bake well and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB