Sunday, March 14, 2010

Oh What a Beautiful Morning!

I am not a morning person. Those who know me would probably argue this statement due to knowing me as a person who gets up to run, but this statement is true. Because of many jobs where I had to get up SUPER early to be at work at 6am during college, I learned how to get up and go. That doesn’t mean I’m a morning person. Trust me. But, knowing I was waking up to make blueberry muffins the other day made me more of a morning person. Because, well, blueberries are so cheerful, don’t you think? Not to mention they make very pretty and artistic messes! All hail the blueberry!
Of course, once added to batter it looks like something from a SciFi movie.
It’s ALIVE!

Blueberry Muffins (from my Mom’s Best Recipes Cookbook)

2 C flour
1 ¼ C sugar
2 t baking powder
½ t salt
½ C melted butter
2 eggs
½ C milk
1 C blueberries (Erika’s Exra: I like to use frozen ones. No rhyme or reason on why.)

Mix dry ingredients. Add milk and eggs, one at a time. Add melted butter. Flour berries; add to batter. Pour into cupcake liners in muffin pan, and sugar generously on top. Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until quite crisp. Makes 20.Bake well and prosper!

4 comments:

  1. Do your neighbors ever complain about all the wonderful smells coming from your flat or do they just gather by your front door like cats at the fish market?

    Back in the day, my neighbors would complain about the smalls coming from my apartment but for different reasons..... I've said too much.

    You keep baking and I'll keep reading.

    All the best,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a neighbor, my only complaint is that I didn't even get one of the TWENTY of these. :-(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB