Friday, May 6, 2011

D'Artagnan's Duckathlon VI (Part Deux)

As promised, the sequel to Wednesday's post.

And the challenges get wackier!
Hogs & Heifers hosted a couple of challenges. One was Duckie Get Your Gun. I ran into the boys from Daniel again and this water gun challenged seemed more like their style than the blindfolded Three Blind Spice challenge.
The challenge was to get all the duckies across the pink line before the guns ran out of water.
I think these bad boys were trying to extinguish each other's cigarettes but missed...not on purpose of course...no...never...
The other challenge outside of Hogs & Heifers was Sausage Dangler. Yes. Sausage Dangler. (I told you it got wackier.)
The idea was for a team member to put on the above outfit and then another team member help guide via words to get the dangling sausage into the milk pail. The team with the most sausage dips in 30 seconds won. (And I might be wrong on this, but I believe Great Performances, the team in the above pictures, won this challenge!)

WARNING: THE NEXT COUPLE OF IMAGES CONTAIN ANIMAL PARTS
I moved on to find the team from Greene Grape Provisions at the Balls to the Wall Challenge.
And you thought the sausage challenge couldn't be beat on the weirdness scale...
The object of this challenge was to correctly identify the testicles to the correct animal. My favorite quote from this was when a team member ask her fellow team member, "Do lambs have big balls?" (It turns out that they do! See the picture above this one.)

I followed Greene Grape's team to the challenge at Amy's Bread - Bread Archery.
Yes. Archery as in flying through the air.
Yes. In NYC. A baguette flying through the air.
Definitely not the weirdest thing ever seen on a NYC side walk (and what a fun challenge!)

After time was up for all challenges, a party was thrown and winners announced.

While I watched the festivities I met fellow bloggers Cathy from Mrs Wheelbarrow's Kitchen and Mary from The Culinary Librarian. I also finally got to meet Deana, the person responsible for inviting me to all this fun. It was my first time meeting other food bloggers and I was so happy I got to meet such great ones! (I also greatly enjoyed the yummy food and ever flowing wine that was provided. Mmmm!)

I also happened to sit by the Greene Grape team. I hope they didn't think I was stalking them (seeing I had been following them for the past half hour.) They were such a delightful team that I am actually going to trek out to Fort Greene and visit their lovely shop. (Hey! It's a trek from Queens to Brooklyn...trust me.)

And guess what! They ended up winning two of the competitions. Sweet!
I was also happy to see Cercle Rouge win a lot of categories and also they placed 3rd over all! (And don't forget that they also won best costumes.)
The overall winner (and winner for the THIRD YEAR IN A ROW) was Team Annisa!
I'm sad I didn't get to see them in action on the "course", but hopefully next year I'll be able to catch all the teams for Duckathlon VII!

Overall it was a wonderful day filled with fun, laughter, and education! Thanks D'Artagnan for hosting such a great event.

And now, dear readers, your intrepid reporter will hang up her hat and head back into the kitchen to produce her normal posts about dessert. Over and out.

5 comments:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB