Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Perfect Summer Drink - Brandy Alexander WITH Nutella

Some of y'all might remember my Brandy Alexanders from last summer. Well, I was recently talking to people about Nutella and there was one man that was an enthusiast for the stuff. I mean, we were thinking up recipes to make with Nutella for 15 minutes!

And then...

I thought of something simple. Something so divine that it made both of us stop for a moment of silence to show reverence for my idea.

Add Nutella to my basic Brandy Alexander recipe.
I know. Amazing, right?

You're welcome for my sharing of the awesomeness. Enjoy summer!
Brandy Alexander (from my Mom's Best Recipes Cookbook)
1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
1/4 C creme de cacao
1/4 C brandy
1 T Nutella (or more to your liking)
Mix as malts in blender.

For 2 servings:
2 C vanilla ice cream
1 T creme de cacao
1 T brandy
1 t Nutella (or more to your liking)

Bake well and prosper!

10 comments:

  1. Holy crap, this sounds so incredible. I will probably gain 400 pounds from eating this. And it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks eveyone! This is such a simple recipe that is soooo good. Have you made it yet? Well? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha brandy + nutella...who would've thought! i wish its not raining + freezing here...gotta think of some warm nutell drink now! such a good idea that the moment of silence is def appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a delightful way to ride out the heatwave you're having in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a clever girl, Erika Beth! Nutella would make an inspired alexander!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love this idea, Erika! Never would have thought to add a nut spread to a drink :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just discovered your blog today, you have some beautiful recipes and ideas and are a woman after my own heart...what's life without dessert!?
    I'd marry Nutella if I could... I lost it a little bit when I saw this recipe.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB