Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cinnamon Twisters Banana Bread

I'm inventive. At least I feel that way about this banana bread. Remember these muffins from a couple of weeks ago? The original recipe called for cinnamon chips and I looked for them at 2 different stores but had no luck in finding them. (I know I'll get 3 comments on this post telling me where to find them in NYC...I hope...)

At home I figured I'd use some cinnamon goodies that I already had on hand. I decided to use the Entenmann's "Ultimate Cinnamon Pastry Twisters" that I had bought from the Entenmann's Bakery Outlet that I live by. Yes. I know. I walk by it everyday on my way home and fight off temptation all the time. Well, 95% of the time.
So, I took these nummies and broke them into pieces and pressed them into the top of the batter. The nice crunchiness and cinnamon flavor made this banana bread quite lovely!
Cinnamon Twisters Banana Bread (adapted from Amanda's Cookin')
2+ very ripe bananas
1/2 cup unsalted butter, butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon of cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour loaf pan.

Mash the bananas with a fork and place in a mixer bowl with softened butter. Mix on medium speed until well blended. Add in the vanilla, eggs, sugar and buttermilk and beat on medium speed until well blended.

Whisk together baking soda, salt and flour. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture.

Pour batter into loaf pan. Break pieces of Entenman's Cinnamon Twisters and press into top of batter. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool slightly before removing and cooling completely.
Bake well and prosper!

3 comments:

  1. This banana bread is indeed very unique using cinnamon twist for an extra finish. I'm organising a blog hop starting from Mar. For the whole month of Mar, everyone in this blog hop will cook or bake Donna Hay recipes. For May, it will be Ina Garten.... Hope that you can join me in this blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Erica, I love your blog and am excited to have found it! This banana bread looks wonderful and what a fantastic idea to use cinnamon twists! I do hope you visit soon! Blessings, Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB