Thursday, November 8, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies


Do you ever feel like you just can't get a break? I think that's the way NYC feels right now when dealing with mother nature. Last week was Hurricane Sandy. This week was Nor'Easter Athena which meant snow.
Looks pretty, but it's been too much crazy weather for me in just a week's time. And guess what! It's going to be 60+ degrees F this weekend!
 
I DID get a break when making these cookies though. I saw a lovely photo on a Czechoslovakian blog. I don't read that language but google.com/translate does! I added a little more flour than the original recipe so they became less flat, but besides that I think everything worked out just fine!
Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies (translated from Sweet Pixel Blog)
Ingredients
1.5 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 bananas, crushed
1/2 cup all natural peanut butter
8 tablespoons butter
2 egg yolks
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ cup milk
3/4 cup of dark chocolate, coarsely grated
3/4 cup of peanuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 340° F. In a large bowl, combine peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add the sugar, brown sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract, milk and banana pieces. Mix.
In a smaller bowl, mix the flour and baking powder and add to the mixture. Finally, stir chocolate chips and peanuts.
Spoon the batter onto a baking sheet and spread it out in the shape of a circle. Leave a good amount of room between dough.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Once out of the oven, let cool for about 5 minutes and then add sliced chocolate and peanuts on top if desired. 
Bake well and prosper!

5 comments:

  1. Looks Yummy! I'm going to try this recipe today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this flavor combination! ... I've browsed around and found lots of yummy things here! I'm following along. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these. They were good. Reminded me of a banana nut muffin. But with chocolate goodness. I do suggest adding extra flour; I made them according to the recipe and they were really flat. (BTW, salt is in the ingredient list but the directions don't say when to add it)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melvin - I'm glad to hear that they ARE flat when made with the called for flour. They reminded me of muffins too. Kind of like muffin tops. Thanks for letting me know about the salt/directions. Will fix.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB