Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Potpourri: Broccoli Peanut Salad

This is my "go to" salad for different types of "bring a dish" gatherings. Every time I make it people go crazy over it!
It's a great salad. Salty. Sweet. Healthy. Bacon. I grew up with it so I guess I never realized what a winner it was until people who had never had it before sang its praises.
 
I've been promising to post the recipe for awhile now. I will finally fulfill that promise with this post. Whew!
 
So now you, too, can make an awesome salad to empress people at your next potluck gathering!
Broccoli Peanut Salad (from my Mom's Best Recipes Cookbook)
1 bunch of broccoli, washed and cut into small chunks
3/4 C raisins
1 C (or less) unsalted peanuts
3 strips of bacon, fried crisp and broken

Dressing:
1/4 C sugar
1 T vinegar
1/2 C mayonnaise
2 t chopped onion
(Mix all of these in a separate bowl and then stir in to the salad.)
Bake well and prosper!

5 comments:

  1. I think I tried something similar at my cousin's place from our last Christmas gathering. I totally forgot to ask for recipe.

    Thank you for posting it. Now I can make it any time at home. This is totally delicious and healthy to bring to any occasion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika,

    We prefer to eat cooked broccoli at home and this salad combination with raw broccoli will be totally new for us to try.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make this. Instead of peanuts, I use sunflower seeds. I also use golden raisins for their color. This is a wonderful salad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB