Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Watermelon & Blueberry Tequila Popsicles

Last week I was in Charleston, SC for the 5th time. I love it there (like I've said before) and love all the fun architecture.
This was the first time I planned to make a trip to Savannah, GA while in the south. I was excited to see a city that was like Charleston: a nice historic gem of a city in the south.
I got to walk around Savannah for about 3 hours in unrelenting humidity until the rain finally started to fall. While I was walking around I fell in love with all the Spanish moss hanging from trees.
I also liked taking photos of some of the iron work in the town.
And I went on a tour of the house where the murder in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil took place: The Mercer Williams House.
Right when my tour group walked into the back of the house, the thunderstorm hit. It made for a great soundtrack to the tour guide's stories.
 
After the rain let up I went to Bonaventure Cemetery to drive around for the last quarter of an hour that it was open for the day.
No wonder a Bonaventure Historical Society was created. This cemetery is lovely with a lot of history!
 
I headed back to Charleston where it rained all day. So, what does one do while on a rainy vacation? Make dessert of course!
 
I bought some cute popsicle molds and went to work.
And, of course, I made a mess in a kitchen that isn't mine. :) (Thanks, Ward!)
The flavor of the mixture was nice but when it froze the pulp moved up and the tequila moved down so the popsicles broke when removed from the mold.
Oh well! Easy to eat with a spoon!
Watermelon & Blueberry Tequila Popsicles (my own recipe!)
5 cups of chopped seedless watermelon
1 cup of washed blueberries
1/4 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of tequila
8 popsicle molds
 
Blend all ingredients together in a blender and then strain the blended mixture to make sure there aren't any seeds etc left over. Fill popsicle molds and after an hour in the freezer, insert popsicle sticks. Let freeze for at least 6 hours. Enjoy!
Bake well and prosper!

2 comments:

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB