Monday, December 22, 2014

Stained-Glass Christmas Cookies

Hello! I can't believe Christmas is a couple of days away. I've been baking tons this month but just haven't had the time to blog about my creations!

This weekend I went to THREE parties all within 24 hours of each other. Tis the season...to be exhausted.

The first party was a surprise birthday party for my dear friend Doug. Doug likes lemony treats. In the past I've made the normal lemon bars etc, but I wanted to do something special this year.

I saw stained-glass cookies on the Chew last week when I was visiting family in AZ. I figured Lemon Heads would work well in the middle of these cookies. I was right. I also added lemon frosting on the edges and sprinkled edible glitter on the frosting. I was feeling so Martha Stewart-y...
Speaking of being a crafty home-maker, I made Christmas cards again this year.
I'm already receiving lovely feedback from the folks who received them so far. Yay!
 
These cookies were very yummy and pretty, but fair warning: the middle is VERY hard seeing it's made of melted hard candy. Don't chip a tooth!
Stained-Glass Christmas Cookies
recipe found here: recipes.com
Bake well and prosper!


4 comments:

  1. They look gorgeous, festive and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the information I am finding everywhere. Thanks for your blog, I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog..
    Penny Benjamin Denim Top Gun Jacket


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to leave a message! xo - EB